This article is incomplete
This article is incomplete & needs to be reviewed. You can help by creating a pull request.
How to recover data?
How to copy my favorites and tracks to the new device?
- The easiest way is to export profile with all needed information. Menu → Settings → Export → select data that you want to export.
- Also, you can backup all your data from the previous device if you copy the folder specified in Settings → OsmAnd Settings → Data storage folder (by default it's Android/data/net.osmand.plus). Then, simply paste all the contents of this folder back to the Data storage folder directory.
How to restore purchases?
- For iOS: Please open OsmAnd go to Menu → Maps & Resources → Purchases tab → tap 'Restore All Purchases' button → enter your Apple ID. Or read this article.
- For Android: Please log in to the same app store account using the same email you used when purchasing OsmAnd. Enter 'OsmAnd+' or OsmAnd free (if you want to restore Maps+, OsmAnd Live, OsmAnd Pro) to the search field and install the app. You won't have to pay again, all paid function should be available by default. If that is not the case, please go to your device's Settings → Apps → select your app store and clear the cache. Then restart the device and try again. Or read this article.
How to restore Contour lines plugin purchase?
To restore Contour lines plugin:
- Log into the same Google Play account which you used to purchase Contour lines plugin, and install the app.
- If the Install button is not active, please make sure to update the Google Play and OsmAnd apps, clear their cache and restart the device, then try install the plugin again.
- After installation, please enable the Contour Lines plugin in OsmAnd menu → Plugins, download the required files in the Download maps menu and enable its display in the Configure map menu.
How can I identify that OsmAnd Unlimited is active?
Go to Menu → 'Download maps' and press on the map counter. (The field that says 'Free version. X downloads left'.) If OsmAnd Unlimited is active it should display to you the amount of memory device left instead of number of free downloads.
Can I get the full version of OsmAnd as a seperate app for iOS?
For iOS we have only one version of OsmAnd. If you want to enable the full version you need to get more functions in-app.
What does 5 or 7 free downloads mean?
It means that you have only 5(iOS) or 7(Android) possibilities to download (map update counts as download). It can be either map, updates, voice packs, etc. Please, note if you remove some items from your downloads the chance for free download does not return.
How can I get the additional map downloads in OsmAnd free?
If you already used 5(iOS) or 7(Android) possibilities for free downloads, you can get 3 extra downloads if you would subscribe to the mailing list. The banner with suggestion to subscribe would appear when you have used all free downloads.
I have a GPX file, how do I get it into OsmAnd?
- You can download and open it via File Browser or Dropbox and select OsmAnd as a target application
- You can put it in OsmAnd home folder: osmand/tracks/(optional_sub-folder)/your_file.gpx
- To open a GPX file in OsmAnd, just download it and select OsmAnd as an app to open it. That's it: you'll view the file normally in the application.
Contour lines or hillshades do not show up
Read more about Contour lines plugin.